Saturday 5 January 2013

5/365 Greek Coffee

I had been really excited to go and try some Greek food at a local restaurant, but was distinctly overwhelmed with the choices on offer. Garlic bread and kebabs were things that I had eaten before, and had better at local takeaways. However as a coffee lover I jumped at the chance to try a traditional Greek coffee.

Here is the coffee in question.

A Greek coffee is served without milk and sweetened with sugar, however when I came to taste the coffee it tasted distinctly of something chemical, and left a horrible feeling in the back of my throat. I'm  not sure whether I got a bad coffee, but I don't think I will be try another in a hurry. Needless to say I only drank half of it - I don't like waste, but couldn't be sure I wasn't drinking cleaning liquids.

If you have not been put off by my description, here's how to make your own.

Laura X

No comments:

Post a Comment