Wednesday 8 August 2012

July Empties 2012!


I know this will be later than other empties posts, but I managed to wait until I moved out before writing this post. 
Here they all are ready to be recycled!



July has been a month of skincare and finally leaving some bits behind that I haven't been using for at least 6 months.

First up are bits from Elemis:

L-R Toner, Skin Bliss Capsules and Cleanser

  • Elemis Lime Blossom Balancing Cleanser and Lavender Toner - I purchased this along with the lavender toner, as it was recommended to me by a beautician. However I found both of these products didn't suit my dry skin, and I ended up with more breakouts. However I have many friends who rave about this pairing, so I think it suits more normal to combination skin. Cleanser and toner are available for £19.40 each here. I wouldn't repurchase these, but would like to try other Elemis cleansers and toners.
  • Elemis Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules - The name's a nit of a mouthful but I love these capsules I got a week's supply on a gift with purchase when I bought the cleanser and toner. Use the pink oil containing capsule in the morning, followed by the green lavender based at night, for soft and supple skin. A month's supply of 60 capsules at  is £59.30 from timetospa - I would love to repurchase but I think I'm going to need a lottery win first! Will look out for an offer on this.
More facial skincare from Lush:

Fresh Farmacy and the scrummy Oatifix

  • Fresh Farmacy - This was advised to me as I noticed that I had a change in my skin and it went oily for a short period earlier in the year. This was non-irritating but did dry me out a bit more than I wanted. I would recommend this to someone with oily/combination skin which is prone to irritation. I have since found there Angels on Dream Skin cleanser to be a great match for my skin. If you like the sound of Fresh Farmacy it's here for £4.70 for a 100g block but I won't be repurchasing.
  • Oatifix Fresh Face Mask - Oh man, I love this. It has oats, bananas and almods, it smells amazing, and rehydrates my dry and dehydrated skin a treat, even if I do look like a baby was sick on my face a few times a week. You keep it in the fridge and I get about seven masks out of this. It costs £5.95 from Lush and I find it to be surprisingly good value for money. I'm repurchasing? YEAH BUDDY!
Some candle empties:

Lily Flame Blush (go get you some!) and some Fruit Fusion action.

  • Yankee Candle Fruit Fusion - Berries and citrus, if fruity candles are your thing you will love this. Coming in at £18.99 for a large jar, grab it here I would be repurchasing if I was a fruity girl.
  • Lily Flame Blush Tin - Now we're talking this is my kind of candle - this baby pink beauty gives 30 hours of burn time, and smells like a beautiful floral perfume. Only buy this bad boy if you like super girly scents. Get them for £8.50 direct from Lily Flame. If I was to advise you to purchase one thing from this post it would be this.
To my miscellanous:

  • The Body Shop Lychee Blossom Body Butter - I don't think this is available any more I'm afraid. It's a lovely tropical fruit with a little bit of floral scent. I have few faults with the product, but I prefer other Body Shop body butters which I would repurchase ahead of this.
  • Derma Intensive Q10 Hand and Nail Cream - This was a stocking filler from my Mum, I really don't like this it left a film on my hands and didn't moisturise that well. I think this can be picked up relatively inexpensively from places like Savers and Poundland.
  • L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara in Dark Brown - I bought this in dark brown by mistake instead of black. Love the formula, and I have learned to love the unusually skinny brush. A firm daytime mascara favourite for me. I will definitely be repurchasing this in either dark brown or black when I've used up some other mascaras. It's currently £10.99 in Boots go get your advantage points.
  • Marc Jacobs Daisy 100 ml Eau De Toilette - Daisy is a wonderfully light and cheerful scent, perfect of summer. I'd say it smells quite grassy and meadowy (so it's not a word, but I can't think of a better one) with a little hint of fruity.  It's youthful without being childish and I received a ton of compliments when wearing this. Plus how cool is the bottle? It may be £56 for a 100ml but Boots are doing triple points on some large fragrances (online only) including this one! I have loads of other perfumes I want to try first, but may make a sneaky repurchase of this. 
Wow! A long post, well done if you made it to the end a round of applause for you. I love reading empties post, comment with your post below and I will have a good old read and may discover some new products.

livebathlove,

Laura X

No comments:

Post a Comment